Healthy cookies: what to substitute for butter?
No butter, no cookies? Nay! It replaces perfectly with oilseed puree (peanut, almond, hazelnut, sesame…), both creamy and unctuous. It is also rich in good fats and has the advantage of flavoring the cookie according to the oilseed chosen. Up to 7 times less caloric, apple compote is also a delicious alternative to butter and provides fondant.
Healthy cookies: what to replace eggs with?
Compote is an ingredient that has a lot of potential, since it can also replace eggs. Another trick to substitute them: flax seeds. This superfood, considered a fat burner, must be ground and mixed with water to turn into a jelly and resemble the gooey texture of an egg.
Healthy cookies: what to replace white sugar?
White sugar has no nutritional value. It is necessary to favor unrefined sugar, with a lower glycemic index, such as coconut or muscovado sugar, which will give the cookies a caramelized touch. Another substitute for sugar, natural sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup, to be used in smaller quantities because they have the particularity of having a strong sweetening power.
>> And for the chocolate: in nuggets or chopped, the best is to opt for a dark chocolate rich in cocoa (70% minimum) and low in sugar. Another option, replace it with dried fruit, puffed quinoa, coconut shavings…
In video: 5 tips for healthier cookies
The basic cookie recipe
Ingredients for about twenty Cookies
- 150g flour
- 1 egg
- 85g soft butter
- 85g brown sugar
- 100g of chocolate
- 1/2 tsp. c. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. c. baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (th. 6).
- Break the chocolate into small dice.
- In a bowl, work the butter with the sugar and vanilla extract. Add the egg, then the flour previously mixed with the baking powder and salt. Finally add the chocolate cubes. Mix well.
- Place small heaps of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (spacing them apart as they spread during baking).
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
Read also :
- 1 chocolate fondant, 4 healthy versions
- 1 chocolate mousse, 5 healthy versions
- 1 waffle, 4 healthy versions
Leave a Reply